A frittata is nothing more than an Italian-style omelet, but if you add some vegetable you can make it even tastier and more nutritional. Let’s see how we can make it!
Yield: 6 servings
Vegetarian: 👍 Vegan: 👎
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Conventional oven / Quiche dish / Large skillet / Large bowl
- 1 tablespoon of polyunsaturated margarine
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 small zucchinis, sliced
- 100g (4 oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 180o C (350o F).
- Grease the quiche dish with a little of the melted margarine.
- Heat the rest of the margarine in the skillet.
- Cook the green onion until tender.
- Add the zucchini and the bell pepper and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat and drain excess liquid.
- Combine eggs and yogurt in the bowl and add the vegetables and the basil. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the quiche dish and bake for 40 minutes or until set.
Serve the frittata hot or cold, as you prefer. It goes really well with a salad! It’s only 115 calories per serving. Enjoy!
by Cris Gontow