I just love mushrooms, and I’m constantly looking for new ways of including them in my diet. They’re rich in protein, fiber, and antioxidants – and they’re low calorie!
So here’s our recipe for a delicious mushroom spread:
Preparation Time: 1.5 hours
Yield: 6 servings
Vegetarian: 👍 Vegan: 👎
Large saucepan / Standard stove / Food processor / Deep bowl / Plastic wrap / Refrigerator / Individual serving bowls
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 570g (20 oz) button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup nonfat or low-fat ricotta cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Spray the vegetable oil on the saucepan. Cook the onion and garlic over medium-low heat until soft.
- Add the white wine, mushrooms, and thyme. Cook for approximately 15 minutes, or until soft, while occasionally stirring.
- Reduce the heat and cook for 10 more minutes, or until the liquid has evaporated.
- In the food processor bowl, add the mushroom mixture, ricotta, and pepper. Use the pulse function for 1 minute or until the mixture is almost smooth.
- Line the deep bowl with plastic wrap and, with a spoon, transfer the mixture into the bowl. Add pressure with the back of the spoon.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and take the mixture to the refrigerator for 1 hour.
This is the recipe for the success of any parties or gatherings you throw. Not only will the taste delight all your guests, but it will also provide them a healthy 101-calorie spread per serving. Who wouldn’t want that?