Whether you call them chips or crisps, you can’t deny the fact that they do taste delicious. The issue is that most of the time they are very caloric or get burnt in the frying process. But I found a delicious recipe to make light homemade crisps in the oven.
Here it is:
Preparation Time: 45 minutes – 1 hour
Yield: 6 servings
Vegetarian: 👍 Vegan: 👍
Standard oven / Peeler / Chopping board / Nonstick baking sheet or pizza pan / Large mixing bowl
- 6 small russet potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- Preheat the oven to the temperature of 180°C (350°F).
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices. Do the same to the onions.
- Put the onions and potatoes in the large mixing bowl.
- Mix the oil, mustard, and orange peel, and add to the mixing bowl.
- With your hands, mix thoroughly to combine.
- Distribute the potatoes and onions on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake the dish for 30 to 45 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately.
This 183-calorie recipe is perfect for most dishes, and even as a starter. Let us know if you tried it out and how it turned out.