Pears just make beautiful desserts – they look incredibly chic in their simplicity, don’t they? They’re also very low cal, so they’re just perfect for a light dessert.
Here’s our recipe.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Vegetarian: 👍 Vegan: 👎
- 3 cups natural pear or apple juice
- 2 cups water
- 8 medium pears
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 cup nonfat or low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Add the juice and water in the saucepan and bring the mixt to a boil. In the meantime, peel the pears, leaving the stalks intact.
- Place the pears in the boiling mixture and return to a boil but reduce the heat.
- Cover the pan and let it simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Make sure to not let it overcook. The pears must keep their shape.
- Remove the pears from the pan and let them cool at room temperature.
- For the vanilla cream: combine the yogurt and honey.
- When serving, put a pear on each plate with a dollop of the vanilla cream.
I must say, the cinnamon and vanilla flavors are a perfect match in this dish. During a warm sunny afternoon, this can be a wonderful dessert to eat – and it only has 165 calories per serving.