Here’s a recipe for roasted chicken that is both tender and tasty. Balsamic vinegar, besides adding great flavor to any recipe, also works as a meat tenderizer!
Check out our recipe:
Preparation Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
Vegetarian: 👎 Vegan: 👎
Standard oven / 2 Baking trays / Aluminum foil / Small pot / Freezer
- 2 4-ounce (120 g) skinless chicken breasts
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons broccoli florets
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoon toasted cashew nuts
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Place the ½ cup balsamic vinegar, garlic, pepper, thyme, and 1 teaspoon of oil in a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Cook until the liquid has reduced to about half.
- Cool this mixture in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Use the remaining oil to grease one of the baking trays and place the chicken on it.
- Cover the chicken in the cooled mixture and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 ⁰F (190 ⁰C).
- Mix the broccoli with 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar, 2 teaspoons of oil, and pepper.
- Oil the second baking tray and put the broccoli and the carrots on it.
- Cover the chilled chicken with foil and place in the oven to roast for 30-35 minutes.
- For the last 15-20 minutes, place the vegetables in the oven to roast.
- Stir the vegetables two or three times while cooking.
- Once the chicken is cooked, serve it hot with the vegetables.
- Top the dish with the toasted cashews and garnish it with a sprig of parsley.
This delicious dish is a full low-carb meal, and it has only 305 calories per serving. Enjoy!
by Cris Gontow