I just love mashed potatoes, but a cup-sized serving has over 200 calories, so I sometimes opt for this substitute, which is lighter but just as tasty!
Here’s how to make a cauliflower mash:
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
Vegetarian: 👍 Vegan: 👎
Standard oven / Medium frying pan / Small pot / Drainer / Potato masher
- ½ tsp unsalted butter
- 1 head cauliflower, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups water
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- ¾ cup low fat cream
- Fry the cauliflower and the garlic in butter for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to the small pot, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft.
- Drain well.
- Mash you get a uniform mixture.
- Add black pepper and salt to taste.
- Add the cream and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe only has 138 calories per serving and no cholesterol at all! Not bad, right?
By Cris Gontow